Who we are
Vintage Twee is committed to ensuring that everyone who visits our website feels comfortable and confident when browsing our pages or entering personal information. We will never share any of your information to businesses or companies for marketing purposes and only use it for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order, or answering any enquiries we receive.
What personal information do we store?
We need to keep a record of some personal data from all our customers. We will never pass any of these personal details to third parties and the information we hold is for the sole purpose of processing and sending orders to customers. The data we hold includes:
- customer’s name, billing/delivery address, telephone number, email address and orders/receipts.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username, if you have contacted us via this channel.
How we use your personal data and why
- To process orders received via our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to enquiries, complaints or to process refunds. We may keep a record of our communication with you to demonstrate how we handled your request. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement e.g via issue of a court order to share the data.
- To send you feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving emails regarding feedback, you can do so any time by emailing us.
- To complete and deliver your order, we will need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service. These include Royal Mail, delivery couriers, printers etc. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your order.
Explaining the relevant legal bases we use
We require your consent to collect and process your personal data entered into our website in order to process and fulfil your order, as well as reply to customer enquiries. We ask all customers to consent to us storing your information for these sole purposes. Your consent is confirmed by ticking the acknowledgement box provided at checkout and on our Contact Forms before submitting your information.
In order to send your items to you, we will need to collect your address details. These will be passed to a delivery company which is either Royal Mail or a courier service.
We may need to collect your data if the law requests us to do so. We can pass details to law enforcement of people involved in criminal activity or fraud affecting Vintage Twee.
The collection of your personal data
We collect your personal data when you use our website in the following ways:
- Making an online purchase or creating an account(or checking out as a guest)
- Contacting us by email or telephone for enquiries/complaints
- Engaging with us on social media
- Requesting for us to pass on your details to a third party to contact you with information about their services
when you take part in any promotional offers, prize draws or competitions.
- Commenting on or reviewing our products and services.
- Filling in any of our Contact Forms.
How do we protect your personal information?
All electronic personal data that we hold is stored on a password protected system with the additional security of anti virus software which is updated and renewed on an annual basis. The only people who have access to our databases are authorised staff members.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Sensitive data such as payment card information is secured to ensure it is protected. All paper records which may contain personal information are shredded if they are no longer required.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep the personal data you give us for as long as is necessary for the purpose of fulfilling your order/responding your enquiry or complaint. In order to comply with legal and contractual obligations, we are entitled to keep data for a period of five years.
Who do we share your personal information with?
In order to fulfil your order, we need to share some aspects of your personal data with trusted third parties such as delivery companies and payment processing companies. In order to keep your data safe, we ensure that:
- we only provide information that is relevant for them to carry out their service e.g deliver your parcel
they only use your data for the exact purposes we specify
- we use trusted services and monitor them to the best of our ability to ensure your privacy is protected.
Third parties we work with are:
– The Post Office staff
– Royal Mail and delivery couriers.
– The police, law enforcement or other government regulatory bodies if requested.
Payment Processing Gateways
We use Stripe and Paypal for the secure processing of all online payments from all of our orders.
When someone visits www.vintagetwee.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This helps us to find out the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. Neither Vintage Twee or Google do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Where your personal data may be processed
We work with many international customers outside of the UK. By using our services and providing your personal data to us, you consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods you have ordered. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK. We will ensure that any third parties process your personal data only in accordance with their legitimate interests. These third parties may be subject to different laws from those which apply in your country of residence.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes. This includes storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
Your rights over your personal data
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to email@example.com.